Print Production Intern
Department: Global Marketing
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
3D printing remains a fairly complex and intimidating process, and our ultimate goal is to bring this exciting technology to a broad variety of users in the most accessible, friendly, and empowering way possible.
On the Partnerships and Community team, we work directly with customers doing incredible work with our printers and broadcast their success stories to our community through actual 3D prints in person, in our office showrooms and in trade shows. As an intern your role is to support our showroom and print production initiatives on the space manintences, print production, clean-up and logistics to ensure a safe and inspiring environment to produce 3D printed solutions.
- Support on design modifications, part layout and slicing for 3D print optimization.
- Support 3D print production including printing, troubleshooting and maintenance across SLA and SLS printers and all Formlabs materials
- Post processing, sanding and finishing parts
- Support the team in space maintenance to ensure top of the line health and safety in the showroom and production spaces.
- Create and identify opportunities for space improvements to optimize production, printer utilization, quality control measures, and maintenance while ensuring health and safety of the space and everyone who uses it.
- Work independently
- Obsessed with improving processes and staying organized. Are highly organized and interested in helping streamline processes
- Have 3D printing experience and are motivated to become a 3D printing expert.
- Have experience in machine shop and fabrication.
- Able to lift 40-80 lbs
- Are eager to plug into the needs of the Marketing team and the Formlabs community
- Are a master at Excel and have a knack for Project Management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.