Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
3D printing requires a complex interplay of software, hardware, and electronics – our embedded engineers are the essential component that ties these teams together. As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer at Formlabs, you’ll collaborate with electrical engineers, systems engineers, and the rest of our software team to build, shape, and define our embedded systems.
If you’re excited to hack on firmware and create elegant solutions to problems on real-world products, we want you to join the Embedded Software Engineering Team as a Senior Embedded Software Engineer.
- Work with hardware and software leadership to architect future products and subsystems
- Design and implement embedded software applications and firmware in both C++ and Python
- Work with R&D teams to integrate newly researched features into production or prototype firmwares
- Ship value-generating features to our users by releasing stable firmware to tens of thousands of machines
- Ready to collaborate with a wide range of technical disciplines, including Software, Hardware, and Design teams
- Have 5+ years experience working with embedded systems, C++, and Python
- Have worked with high-value consumer electronics
- Experience writing, testing, and debugging low-level code (from microcontrollers to embedded Linux)
- Comfortable developing in Unix environments
- Experience with the Linux kernel, e.g. writing device drivers
- Passion and experience in 3D printing
- Background in electronics or robotics
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.