Senior Technical Program Manager
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world. Our printers are used by Google, Tesla, Gillette, and New Balance, just to name a few.
Founded in Boston in 2011, and reaching unicorn status in 2018, Formlabs is now valued at 2Bn dollars and is one of the leading 3D printer manufacturers in the world. We opened our Budapest office just over two years ago to establish key Engineering and Business teams in the region. With a dynamically-growing team of 50+ dedicated people, we're building a company so diverse that we can tackle any challenge.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager with a strategic mindset and a systems or software background.
Join our Formlabs family if you are a Technical Program Manager and looking for the next challenge in your career. Our Systems team is the critical glue that enables operations to reach more customers and grow the business. We are looking for you if you are excited to build out scalable planning processes, and execute complex projects at the intersection of systems architecture and business operations.
- Drive delivery of strategic initiatives in the Systems portfolio, and ensure cross-functional alignment by leveraging your technical knowledge and people skills. You know the details but never lose sight of the big picture.
- Conduct roadmap and project planning, define milestones and success criteria, and identify/manage risks and dependencies. This could include defining and launching planning processes where they don’t exist.
- Collaborate with operations, sales, product, and engineering teams to understand what problems need to be solved and how they support company goals
- Balance people, organizational, and technical skills to drive decision-making, explain trade offs, and build consensus without authority
- Provide ongoing visibility to leadership into the progress, risks, and timelines of projects against targeted objectives
- Have passion for organizing and leading IT / software teams to deliver superior solutions that improve the business.
- Have 3+ years of industry experience as a technical program manager, program manager, or a lead project manager working on large, complex technical projects. Experience at a hardware or consumer electronics company is a plus.
- Are a self-starter mindset, comfortable driving initiatives autonomously and resolving priority conflicts when they arise.
- Have strong communication skills to effectively convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical people, and to distill or filter relevant information for different audiences
- Have experience with productivity/planning applications like Jira, Asana, Airtable, or Smartsheets
- Have experience with different project and development methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Experience implementing, integrating, or managing business operation systems (like an ERP, CRM, OMS, or a Data Analysis Platform)
- Weekly Wolt credits (7500 HUF/week) for lunch delivery
- Private health insurance with Medicover
- Shares in the company
- Flexible vacation policy
- Opportunity to travel to our Boston HQ
- Free beverages and snacks at the office
- Unlimited 3D prints
- A monthly or quarterly public transportation pass
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- Development opportunities both in-house and off-site
- Fun team events
We build amazing things. Come join us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.