Senior DevOps Engineer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world. Our printers are used by Google, Tesla, Gillette, and New Balance, just to name a few.
Founded in Boston in 2011, and reaching unicorn status in 2018, Formlabs is now valued at 2Bn dollars and is one of the leading 3D printer manufacturers in the world. We opened our Budapest office just over two years ago to establish key Engineering and Business teams in the region. With a dynamically-growing team of 50+ dedicated people, we're building a company so diverse that we can tackle any challenge.
Formlabs is growing fast, and that means a lot of data to crunch, software to build, and web applications to scale. Our DevOps team collaborates with engineers of all stripes throughout the company to get them compute resources and data that help them do their jobs. You’ll work closely with the web, software, systems, and customer teams while supporting the core applications that run Formlabs’s business.
This role is also unique in that your contributions touch far more than our web applications and data infrastructure - DevOps at Formlabs also encompasses work that enables our desktop software, firmware, and factory software platforms, so you will get a chance to contribute to our product development success.
If you’re a savvy developer who wants to jump onboard a huge variety of projects and collaborate with a number of smart engineers, we want you on the software team as a DevOps Engineer.
- Partner up with Desktop, Embedded, Web, and Systems SW development teams to help them succeed
- Own the build and CI (Jenkins) infrastructure with their configurations
- Provide basic building blocks to enable developers to create their own CI pipelines
- Own Version Control System (GitHub) integrations, including Pull Requests builds
- Develop self service tools boosting engineering productivity
- Automate AWS or GCP public cloud providers via APIs and tools
- Research, test and run tooling to solve various development problems
- Provide help for teams to deploy, test, monitor and maintain their own Kubernetes applications
- Can comfortably do Linux system administration, scripting and automation with tools like Terraform, Ansible and Packer
- Are familiar with container creation and orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes
- Understand software build and release processes, CI/CD
- Understand basic cloud platform (AWS/GCP) services
- Understand networking basics, HTTP(S), reverse proxies, DNS, security
- Have a strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Are willing to be a part of an on-call support rotation for global Formlabs applications and infrastructure
Bonus points for:
- Solid web development skills (Django, React, Redux)
- Experience with Kubernetes tooling, Helm, one or more network plugins, one or more ingress controllers
- Having extensive AWS and/or GCP experience
- Having an understanding of SQL, database tuning, and data warehouse platforms
- Weekly Wolt credits (7500 HUF/week) for lunch delivery
- Private health insurance with Medicover
- Shares in the company
- Flexible vacation policy
- Opportunity to travel to our Boston HQ
- Free beverages and snacks at the office
- Unlimited 3D prints
- A monthly or quarterly public transportation pass
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- Development opportunities both in-house and off-site
- Fun team events
We build amazing things. Come join us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.