HR Generalist (w/m/d)
Department: People Operations
Location: Berlin, Germany
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, artist, and manufacturer!
Founded at MIT in 2011, and reaching double-unicorn status in 2021, Formlabs is one of the leading 3D printer manufacturers in the world. At our dynamically-growing office of 120+ dedicated people in Berlin, we're building a company so diverse that we can tackle any challenge.
Our Berlin office is growing steadily, and our People Operations team is keeping pace. This team is responsible for a variety of employee- and company- related topics like compensation, benefits, onboarding/offboarding, contracts, payroll, administration, trainings, learning and development and a whole host of other core topics. We believe in happy employees, and this team is the key to achieving this goal.
In this particular role, we are looking for an all-rounder to join as us in a generalist capacity. Ideally you have some solid experience in these topics already, or are at least familiar with the overall processes of: onboarding/offboarding, contracts, payroll, administration and similar topics. You will bring more structure into our day-to-day business by proactively proposing and executing solutions to challenges we encounter in our HR operations. If you’re looking to develop your knowledge and skills in order to become an HR professional, we want you as our HR Generalist (w/m/d)!
This role is based in Berlin, Germany, and working from home options are available.
- Be a primary point of contact for People Ops related queries
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and answer and resolve any queries/issues that may arise
- Assist in the development and implementation of people related policies
- Liaise with external partners such as our EOR partners, lawyers, tax advisors, insurance and healthcare vendors to ensure legal compliance
- Maintain physical and digital files for employees and manage employment contracts
- Coordinate visa processes for both current employees and new joiners arriving from abroad
- Coordinate the on-boarding and off-boarding process
- Coordinate monthly payroll processing across EMEA offices (if you don't know how to do it, we will teach you)
- Update internal databases and create reports
- You already have some experience working in HR, preferably in a start-up environment
- Are fluent in English (mandatory) & have advanced German language skills
- Have a genuine interest in HR and want to develop your skills in this area
- You are enthusiastic not only about the HR projects but also administration
- Are diligent, structured, attentive and eager to find solutions to challenges
- Have good knowledge of Excel or Google Sheets
- Understand German labour law and can propose solutions for employee issues
- Passion for 3D printing and emerging technologies
- Experience in rapidly-growing startup environments
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- Shares in the company (we're a double unicorn company!)
- In-office catering 3x per week, plus daily free beverages and snacks
- Monthly 50 EUR mobility subsidy (incl. BVG Firmenticket & Swapfiets)
- Weekly yoga classes
- Mental health & well-being programme
- Learning and development opportunities (language courses, workshops, etc.)
- Urban Sports Club discount
- Free 3D prints
- Fun team events
We build amazing things. Come join us!
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.