Materials Program Manager
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Materials Program Managers at Formlabs usher in new technology from concept through production; partnering with the materials scientists and the product stakeholders to develop world class 3D printing materials. Materials Program Managers are the nexus between the materials team, product managers, manufacturing team, and external partners coordinating all program activities from development, through production ramp, to product launch.
We look for people who are passionate about learning and taking on new challenges, care about the big picture impact of their work, and are interested in building strong collaborative relationships with external partners and internal teams.
- Responsible for managing materials project timelines from concept through production and commercialization.
- Acting as the link between the materials team, product managers, manufacturing team and external partners.
- Monitoring projects on an ongoing basis and communicating status, issues, and key risks to product stakeholders.
- Organize beta testing activities. Plan and coordinate the creation and implementation of externally facing technical documents.
- Ensuring program closure - including post launch issue tracking and required documentation.
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering or R&D environment, with some project or program management responsibilities.
- Understand how to bring a material from the lab to commercialization.
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Not afraid to speak up or pivot to a new direction when needed.
- Self-starter and natural problem solver.
- Ability to work cross-functionally between product, engineering, production, and supply chain personnel. Experience communicating status and issues upwards to product stakeholders.
- Highly collaborative and results driven, constantly striving to improve schedule and program efficiency. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- B.S. degree or higher in an engineering or science related field.
- A desire to increase the effectiveness of your teammates.
- Ability to think outside of the box to achieve better than expected results.
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.