Build Team Technician
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As we continue to develop new technology that pushes the envelope of what is possible with 3D printers, we’re looking for a hands-on engineering technician to help us build the impossible. You’ll work with our engineering team to invent, develop, and advance our core hardware line of products.
Are you excited to build prototypes, jigs, and fixtures and support a wide range of engineering projects? Are you a maker and love DIY projects? We want you as a Build Team Technician.
*Submitting a portfolio of previous work/projects with your application is recommended*
- Work on collaborative team of technicians to undertake tasks across product teams to help rapidly iterate and advance projects
- Help debug mechanical issues on prototype hardware or instrumentation, fix them, or propose a solution
- Undertake work in machine shop environment to fabricate parts and assemblies
- Design and run experiments on prototype next-generation printers.
- Log data and outcomes and communicate them effectively within the team
- Help maintain machine shop and engineering spaces
- Have a wide background of hands on skills ranging from machining experience, soldering, and prototype fabrication.
- Experience in developing prototypes and making things from 'napkin sketches.'
- Have experience with experimental design (DOE), data analysis, and plotting.
- Familiar with mechanical design, mechatronics, and CAD modeling (Solidworks a plus)
- Experience using CNC mills, lathes, laser cutters, welding, Soldering SMT Components and optical alignment.
- Previous experience developing consumer hardware.
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.