UI/UX Software Developer
Location: Somerville, MA
Join Formlabs if you want to completely reinvent how we make things. Formlabs makes complex and intimidating 3D printing technologies easy to use through badass engineering and intuitive design.
The Formlabs Software Team is looking for a UI/UX Software Developer to work on the development of user interfaces across our embedded, desktop, and web products. As a leading member of the team, you will work across creative and engineering disciplines and contribute to the development of products and user experiences that will impact millions of people.
If you’re excited to ship products that ship products, we’d love to hear from you!
A portfolio is required for this role.
- Develop user interfaces and product experiences that exist across hardware, software, and materials.
- Work from napkin sketches and low-fidelity wireframes to achieve pixel-perfect UIs that meet design guidelines.
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers to develop a robust design system and UI architecture that serves product and customer needs.
- Participate in the collection, analysis, and synthesis of product usage data to drive new feature insights.
We value diversity at Formlabs, and work to remove unconscious and unnecessary barriers to build the best team possible. While we’ve outlined what an ideal candidate could look like, we know that you may bring something unanticipated and essential to the team. If you’re reading this and can see yourself contributing, please apply!
- Someone who creates and refines compelling user experiences.
- Have a clear understanding of human-computer interaction principles, and how to execute on them with efficient and scalable code.
- Have worked with many programming languages, and experienced with at least a few.
- Experience creating user interfaces for desktop, web, mobile, or embedded.
- Experience balancing quantitative and qualitative user feedback.
- Understands how to leverage graphic design, animation, and interaction design to create compelling UIs.
- An interest in 3D printing, CAD, computational geometry, and/or related technologies.
- Experience working with Figma, Sketch, or similar design software.
- App development for Android or iOS.
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.