Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Workplace Delivery team is looking for someone who will oversee EH&S operations of our 70,000 SF, two-building campus to ensure the functional capability of the space. If you’re excited to manage the overall safety of a fast growing company the EHS Manager role is for you.
This role will be required to be onsite & on-call for emergencies. This position functions as the site Safety Officer as well as the Laser Safety Officer.
The EH&S Manager role will scale responsibility for all North America sites.
- Be a safety leader to ensure all employees know, understand and execute safe work practices.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively and intervene with all employees to ensure safe work practices are being followed.
- Works in partnership with department leaders, compliance and legal to develop and implement strategies, policies, and services to increase employee safety & reduce organization risks.
- Develops, implements and maintains effective systems, procedures and training to achieve and maintain an accident free, injury free, and healthy work environment.
- Assists with the record keeping, and manuals for these programs (including but not limited to): OSHA, DOT, etc.
- Plans, implements, and oversees the company safety program
- Lead local efforts around key company EHS initiatives, such as air sampling program, safety audits, Laser Safety program, inspections etc
- Plans and implements programs to train supervisors and employees to meet standards and also to enhance the company safety culture.
- Assists with new hire safety orientation program and employee safety training.
- Inspects organization facilities (safety audits) to detect existing or potential incident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Assists with the investigation of all incidents and injuries from initial report to closure.
- Manages regulatory agency, third party audits, inspections, inquiries, contacts and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent years of experience in similar function
- 8+ years of EH&S management experience in lab and office environments
- DOT, EPA and RCRA certified
- Strong collaborator and team player, willing to jump into anything. Can operate under pressure, meet deadlines, and pivot quickly
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, documentation, project management and multitasking skills to work in a dynamic environment with evolving priorities.
- Experience working with local regulatory agencies preferred
- Has working knowledge of records training, hazardous waste management
- Have the ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.