Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Mechanical designers at Formlabs create and maintain designs and technical drawings for our products. You will work closely with engineers to take designs and turn them into technical drawings and detailed designs. In this role, you will work with mechanical engineers to provide digital asset support for all projects. You will ensure designs align with company procedure, regulations and standards to provide clear communication with vendors.
If you are someone who enjoys supporting a team making the latest 3D printers join our team as a Mechanical Drafter.
- Collaborating with engineers to take designs and turn them into drawings, CAD and technical communication
- Engineering drawing creation and editing
- GD&T application
- Executing the document control process in PLM and other systems, e.g. ECO’s
- BOM organization and maintenance
- Able to complete tasks requiring:
- CAD (e.g., Solidworks and OnShape)
- PLM (e.g., Propel and Aligni)
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to solve complex problems using engineering and mathematical thinking processes
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills, as you will be communicating directly with clients regularly
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.