Department: Global Marketing
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs needs your keen communication, organization and relationship-building abilities to help us grow our brand awareness and spread our message to the world. If you’re passionate about crafting compelling stories, connecting dots, and nailing the details, we have the perfect challenge for you.
Join us as a PR Manager to help us leverage the media to show the amazing work our customers are doing, the cutting-edge products we’re producing, and the many ways 3D printing is changing the worlds of manufacturing, product design, healthcare and more.
- Develop, lead and implement communications initiatives like pitches, bylines, and partnerships that:
- Foster positive brand awareness and help us reach our key audiences
- Support company initiatives and product announcements
- Spotlight our great employees through awards and speaking opportunities
- Work closely with the rest of the Communications team (Content, Creative, Social Media) to:
- Leverage amazing customer stories and case studies for the media
- Marshal resources to capitalize on relevant trends, events and news stories
- Find creative ways to introduce national and mainstream press to the innovative and powerful applications of 3D printing
The ideal candidate is a media-savvy, resourceful PR professional who has:
- A track record of developing successful PR strategies and programs that generate meaningful PR outcomes and press coverage
- A self-starter who proactively and consistently develops PR initiatives to advance Formlabs
- Experience doing PR for technology companies, startups and products
- A minimum of two years of PR experience, either agency or in-house
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of print and digital media (including social media) channels
- Passionate and knowledgeable about technology, manufacturing and the industry of “making things”
- Know a great story when you see it, and have the vision to bring that story to life, “nose for news”
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Work quickly and can produce superb results under tight deadlines
- Great connector of internal spokespeople with media opportunities
- High attention to detail and serious about getting things right
- Experience launching consumer products
- 3D printer or 3D CAD industry experience
- Previous professional media / reporting experience
- Flexible vacation
- Generous premium medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- The ability to print in 3D to your heart's content
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.