Location: Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The R&D Manager for our North Carolina location will work with a team that develops 3D printing printers, processes, and algorithms for new and existing Formlabs printers. The person leading this team will be managing a team of engineers who have strong cross disciplinary skills.
If you have the R&D or engineering background to understand our 3D printers, along with group management and planning skills, we want you as our R&D Manager.
- Manage and grow a cross disciplinary team of engineers: software, electrical and mechanical engineers
- Provide broad technical leadership for the team and be able to give detailed technical input on a daily basis
- Develop a deep understanding of how Formlabs printers, algorithms and materials work together
- Make amazing new products for our customers
- Be able to discuss multidisciplinary projects you have completed, including how well they worked and how you would improve them
- Be a hands-on technical leader who can give technical input
- Experience managing work assignments for others
- Have experience as the technical leader or manager of R&D efforts. Be able to discuss your approach to leadership
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.