Senior Mechatronics Engineer, Test Team
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Test Engineering team ensures that Formlabs products are ready to ship and will be reliable in the field. We work closely with design teams of all disciplines to find product flaws as fast as possible and then work on redesigns to make more robust systems.
Are you a cross-functional engineer that is passionate about creating robust products? We want you to join the Test Engineering team as a Senior Mechatronics Engineer - Test Team.
- Develop, execute, and manage system, subsystem, and component level validation test plans to ensure products meet design and reliability requirements. Work with other teams to ensure a thorough system is completed.
- Perform hands-on and data-driven root cause analysis of electromechanical subsystems utilizing common problem solving methodologies
- Design, build, and implement automated testing equipment for subsystem characterization and reliability/environmental testing
- Collaborate with the design team throughout product development to perform risk assessments, manage continuous testing, and contribute to design reviews
- 3+ years experience in Systems, Test, or Integration engineering
- Are well versed with complex electromechanical systems and are passionate about understanding what it takes to make them work reliably
- Have experience developing full system test plans and know how to execute them in fast-paced product development timelines
- Have experience with testing a wide range of sensors, actuators, and mechanical components
- Can prototype and run your own tests, from experimental setup to hardware and software implementation
- Familiarity with Linux systems and scripting in various languages (Python preferred)
- Familiarity with HALT and HASS testing
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.