Software Engineer; Core Workflows
Location: Somerville, MA
Join Formlabs if you want to completely reinvent how the world makes things. We make complex 3D printing technologies accessible through great engineering and intuitive design.
The Formlabs Software Team is looking for a Software Engineer to support the core workflows that help anyone make anything. As a leading member of the team, you will work across creative and engineering disciplines and contribute to the development of products and user experiences that will impact millions of people. This is a role with a high degree of autonomy and opportunity to grow into a leadership position within the Formlabs software team.
If you’re excited to ship products that ship products, we’d love to hear from you!
- Develop end-to-end software features that exist across software and hardware products.
- Collaborate across creative disciplines to take ideas from napkin sketches and wireframes to robust workflows across our software products.
- Develop a robust design system and UI architecture that serves product and customer needs alongside our UI/UX design team.
- Participate in the collection, analysis, and synthesis of product usage data to drive new feature insights, including user interviews and data logging to support product metrics.
We value diversity at Formlabs, and work to remove unconscious and unnecessary barriers to build the best team possible. While we’ve outlined what an ideal candidate could look like, we know that you may bring something unanticipated and essential to the team. If you’re reading this and can see yourself contributing, please apply!
- Ready to collaborate with a wide range of technical disciplines, including Software, Hardware, and Design teams.
- Deeply care about user experience and design.
- Have a clear understanding of human-computer interaction principles, and how to execute on them with efficient and scalable code.
- Have experience creating compelling user interfaces, and balancing quantitative and qualitative user feedback.
- Understand how graphic design, animation, and interaction design help create compelling UIs.
- An interest in 3D printing, CAD, computational geometry, and/or related technologies.
- Experience working with Figma, Sketch, or similar design software.
- Experience designing and building a UI from scratch (show us what you’ve made!).
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.