Engineering Project Manager
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The engineering project manager makes sure our programs run on time. At Formlabs we’re constantly iterating on our products and building new prototypes. As the engineering project manager you’ll work with the mechanical engineering team and the engineering team broadly to bring these prototypes to life and once they’re built to make sure they’re being maintained and used effectively. You’ll also work closely with the mechanical engineering team to support the complexities of developing hardware such as managing BOMs and inventory. This is a role that benefits from energizing your peers and has high visibility as your results are our highly coveted prototype products.
- Be the glue to pull disparate teams together to hit key milestones and goals through the product development process
- Manage the Bill of Materials for our products making sure it is up to date and usable for ordering, cost analysis and useful for tracking development status.
- Push ECOs through the release process and make sure they’re implemented in a controlled manner.
- Develop spaces for builds including workspace, tools, shelving for inventory and finished goods
- Manage inventory for prototype and integration builds including receiving parts, managing incoming quality control, stocking parts and prepping for builds.
- Run builds. Organize and plan work. Motivate team members. Track progress and issues. Communicate with stakeholders and close out issues.
- Manage the configuration of our fleet of prototype printers. Maintain an up to date inventory of prototype printers, their configuration, status and use.
- Improve documentation and processes across mechanical engineering to support the smooth development of products
- Broadly support the mechanical engineering team and mechanical engineering manager as project manager embedded in that team
- Demonstrates motivation to bring amazing products to life by pushing yourself, your peers and the development process forward
- Consistent and organized to make sure we’re doing everything we can to succeed
- Ready to get your hands dirty filling gaps and leading by example
- Can jump between organizing data to organizing people and back during the course of a day
- A working knowledge of technical documentation and the desire to keep learning in this area
- Build bridges between team leads and key doers on teams to quickly solve problems and blockages
- Depth in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or integration software
- Data analysis and spreadsheet wizardry
- Experience with PLM systems
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.