Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is building the future of desktop fabrication. As a Test Technician, you will work across all our engineering functions, and get your hands on every part of the development process from the first idea to the final machine. You will be responsible for prototyping, building, and testing systems that will go into future generations of our 3D printers.
If you are passionate about building hardware through interdisciplinary hands-on work, we want you to join us as a Test Technician.
- Executing tests as needed for RD team, such as tensile testing, laser testing, chemical capability testing
- Prototype and test new engineering designs by building and testing hardware
- Keep our growing fleet of experimental 3D printers running at peak performance
- Maintain testing and machine shop areas
- Make and read clear engineering drawings, including GD&T
- Minimum of Associates Degree or two years industry experience
- Detail oriented, able to accurately report test data and results
- Ready to build, test, or tweak whatever needs to be done
- Love working hands-on with mechanical and electrical hardware
- Able to balance a wide variety of projects on tight deadlines
- Familiar with electronic tools, components, and processes (PCBs, multimeters, soldering and re-working boards, crimping and assembling cables, DigiKey)
- Familiar with mechanical tools, components, and processes (laser cutter, CNC mill, power tools, woodworking tools, McMaster)
- Clear communicator who can work across many teams
- Testing and analysis experience in industry
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.