Budapest - Software Engineer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world. Our printers are used by Google, Tesla, Gillette, and New Balance, just to name a few.
Founded in 2011, became a unicorn company in 2018, Formlabs is one of the leading 3D printer manufacturers in the world. By building up the Product Development Center in Hungary, we opened our Budapest office just over three years ago to establish key Engineering and Customer Teams in this region. Having a dynamically growing team with 70+ people we're building a company so diverse that we can tackle any challenge.
Software is at the heart of all aspects of Formlabs products. We aim to bring innovative 3D printers to the desks and shops of designers, artists, and professionals the world over. Our software is integral to ensuring exceptional experiences with our products as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing. The Software Team develops the printer firmware that drives our hardware, PreForm, the most powerful and intuitive desktop print application with advanced 3D geometric and print algorithms and our web based monitoring tools.
We are looking for a Generalist Software Engineer for our team with a user focused mindset and strong technical background. Our team is responsible for E2E software workflows that enables our users to create amazing 3D prints using the full spectrum of Formlabs’s software stack. By joining Formlabs you’ll have the opportunity to build an intuitive, world class print preparation and production pipeline, that enables users to create amazing 3D prints using their printer fleet.
- Cross platform development focusing on but not limited to C++, go and Python.
- End-to-end feature development including architecture design, implementation and testing
- Design and implement well-structured code with strong focus on maintainability
- Collaborate with different stakeholders (product managers, designers) to ensure we build the right features
- Work in a product focused agile environment
- Have knowledge of modern C++ or go or python
- Have senior experience in some technology but interested in learning new technologies
- Are willing to take initiatives and learn from failures
- Are excited to dive into a huge variety of challenges
- Are a team player and open to pair programming
- Have a strong understanding of the importance of testing
- Experience with Linux, AWS
- Have experience working with remote stakeholders
- Experience with automated software build systems
- Experience with client side software development
- Weekly Wolt credits (9500 HUF/week) for lunch delivery
- Private health insurance with Medicover
- Shares in the company
- Free beverages and snacks at the office
- A monthly or quarterly public transportation pass
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- The ability to print in 3D to your heart's content
- Development opportunities both in-house and off-site
- Fun team events
- Opportunity to travel to our Boston HQ
We build amazing things. Come join us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.