Department: Global Sales
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As our sales teams expand globally, we are looking for technically savvy, customer-focused professionals to join our growing Sales Excellence team. The Solutions Consultant role is critical in driving enterprise sales and customer adoption for a portfolio of products that reimagines prototyping and manufacturing.
The right candidate will provide overall strategy and define operational and technical scope of new business opportunities for prospective customers. Part consultant, part analyst, part sales leader, and part engineer - the Solution Consultant works closely with sales teams to understand strategic business issues and then crafts and communicates solutions. If you are someone who is a talented problem-solver, excellent communicator, and savvy salesperson - then the Solutions Consultant role is for you.
- Consult with customers to help uncover their needs and qualify solutions
- Establish client value propositions that tie key strategic, financial, and operational metrics directly to short-and long-term business value creation
- Setup and deliver product demonstrations with compelling sales presentations
- Act as a brand ambassador to increase the company’s visibility in the marketplace
- Interface with project managers and executives, including C-Level leaders
- Coordinate with Business Development and/or Account Managers in potential opportunities to enhance and expand our product and services
- Develop and own sales targets for products and services and identify account-based growth opportunities
- Collaborate with sales and marketing leadership to develop long-term business goals and tactical process improvements
- Create intellectual property to support sales excellence and implementation efforts.
- Represent the company and deliver presentations at conferences and tradeshows
- Be a people leader and help facilitate new employee onboarding and training
- 10+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, management consulting, and/or technical sales
- Effective communicator that thrives telling stories and presenting to small- and large- audiences
- Analytical problem-solver with proven ability to breakdown problems, develop solutions, and drive results
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Solid “techno-functional” skills to work hands-on with our products and demonstrate our printers
- Ability to adjust approach and communication style based on personalities and goals of customers/stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and results-first mentality
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%)
- Proficient in Google Suite (e.g., Sheets, Slides, Docs, etc.)
- Advanced degree in engineering, business administration (MBA), or related field
- Familiarity with aerospace / automotive / manufacturing standards and regulations (ISO, ASME, ASTM, AS/NAS, ANSI, FAR, etc.)
- Industry 4.0 and digital fabrication skills
- Advanced analytics (Python, SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, etc.)
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. If you have done any of these things in an academic, rather than professional environment, that counts! Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.