To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world. Our printers are used by Google, Tesla, Gillette, and New Balance, just to name a few.
Founded in 2011, became a unicorn company in 2018, Formlabs is one of the leading 3D printer manufacturers in the world. By building up the Product Development Center in Hungary, we opened our Budapest office three years ago to establish key Engineering and Customer Teams in this region. Having a dynamically growing team with 75+ people we're building a company so diverse that we can tackle any challenge.
Software is at the heart of all aspects of Formlabs products. We aim to bring ground-breaking 3D printers to the desks and shops of designers, artists, and professionals the world over. Our software is integral to ensuring exceptional experiences with our products as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing. The Software Team develops the printer firmware that drives our hardware, and PreForm, the most powerful and intuitive desktop print application with advanced 3D geometric and print algorithms.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who has experience with embedded software and linux environments. By joining Formlabs you’ll have the opportunity to shape how software engineering works for one of the pioneers of desktop 3D printing.
- Grow and lead a team of embedded software engineers through coaching and mentoring
- Provide broad technical leadership for the team and be able to give detailed technical input on a daily basis
- Partner with product managers and designers to define the embedded roadmap
- Guide your team in design and development, evolve existing development practices and lead by example
- Have experience in managing and developing high-performing engineering teams
- Have strong communication skills
- Be a hands-on technical leader who can give technical input
- Have strong experience, including hands-on, in building and shipping native (desktop, embedded or mobile) applications
- Have a track record of building and shipping high quality products
- Have a coaching mindset with exceptional people management skills
- Are willing to take initiatives and learn from failures
- Weekly Wolt credits (9500 HUF/week) for lunch delivery
- Private health insurance with Medicover
- Shares in the company
- All You Can Move SportPass contribution (7000 HUF/month)
- Free beverages and snacks at the office
- A monthly or quarterly public transportation pass
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- The ability to print in 3D to your heart's content
- Development opportunities both in-house and off-site
- Fun team events
- Flexible vacation policy
- Possibility to travel to the Boston office
If you’re passionate about 3D printing, love being part of an international team, and care about delivering value to users, we would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.