3D Model Intern
Department: Global Marketing
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
3D printing remains a fairly complex and intimidating process, and our ultimate goal is to bring this exciting technology to a broad variety of users in the most accessible, friendly, and empowering way possible.
On the Partnerships and Community team, we work directly with customers doing incredible work with our printers and broadcast their success stories to our community through actual 3D prints in person, in our office showrooms and in tradeshows. As an intern your role is to help curate, generate, and organize 3D models that we can use to highlight our materials, printers, and technology for marketing and sales enablement.
Internship Term: Fall 2022 (September-December)
Location: Onsite in Somerville, MA
Application Requirements: Portfolio recommended.
- Support on sourcing models to showcase our materials, printers, and technology.
- Support organizing and maintaining of our physical and digital inventory of 3D printed models.
- Support the curation of 3D printed parts relevant to specific industries for tradeshows, customer interactions, creative content and sales enablement.
- Support the design and optimization of sample parts and hero parts for new material launches.
- Create and identify systems that improve efficiency and utility of 3D model generation and cataloging.
- Work independently
- Are an excellent project manager that can prioritize and manage multiple tasks at once.
- Are proficient in 3D Modeling (Parametric CAD Prefered)
- Have experience with polymer materials and their applications.
- Have 3D printing experience and are motivated to become a 3D printing expert.
- Are able to coordinate with cross functional teams to meet objectives
- Able to lift 40-80 lbs
- Are eager to plug into the needs of the Marketing team and the Formlabs community
Internships at Formlabs give students the opportunity to create, build, solve, and discover in every area of our business. Come build your career and build the future of 3D printing. Internship perks include social events, networking opportunities, access to our fully-stocked kitchens and onsite lunches, and unlimited 3D printing!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.