Field Service Technician
Department: Global Services
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world. Our printers are used by Google, Tesla, Gillette, and New Balance, just to name a few.
Founded in Boston in 2011, and reaching unicorn status in 2018, Formlabs is now valued at 2Bn dollars and is one of the leading 3D printer manufacturers in the world. We opened our Budapest office to establish key Engineering and Business teams in the region. With a dynamically-growing team of 80+ dedicated people, we're building a company so diverse that we can tackle any challenge.
As a 3D Printer Field Service Technician and member of the Formlabs Services Team, you'll resolve technical issues, investigate machine errors, and evaluate printer logs on and off-site. Onsite, you’ll perform visits to train and onboard new partners and customers, as well as repair and maintain their 3D printers. Offsite, you’ll assist Formlabs’ partners and customers with technical issues from our office, via email and phone.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you to use your technical expertise and business-fluent English language skills, and you’re willing to travel to resolve 3D printer issues hands-on, join us as our 3D Printer Field Mechanic!
- Technically support our partners and customers in resolving issues with their 3D printers by email and phone
- Perform on-site 3D printer installations, on-boarding, training, repairs, and maintenance for partners and customers in the field
- Help partners deliver outstanding service to their customers
- Collaborate on solving technical issues with our global engineering team
- Are business-fluent in written and spoken German and English
- Have a degree or working experience in Mechatronics or a similar field
- Can quickly resolve technical issues, troubleshoot, test, and repair hardware
- Have a valid driving license
- Enjoy connecting with people and are a great listener
- Are comfortable and conscientious when speaking on the phone
- Can autonomously manage your time and workload
- Previous experience as a Field Service Technician
- Experience with Additive Manufacturing
- B2B service experience
- Passion for 3D printing and emerging technologies
- Experience in a fast-growing startup environment
- Weekly Wolt credits (7500 HUF/week) for lunch delivery
- Private health insurance with Medicover
- Shares in the company
- Flexible vacation policy
- Opportunity to travel to our Boston HQ
- Free beverages and snacks at the office
- Unlimited 3D prints
- A monthly or quarterly public transportation pass
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- Development opportunities both in-house and off-site
- Fun team events
We build amazing things. Come join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.