Site Leader, Ohio Operation Center
Location: Somerville, MA
This role is located in Toledo, Ohio
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world. Formlabs is growing its Operations and looking for a leader that can establish a new operation site which will serve as the model of best practices for global sites. The site will include additive manufacturing production as well as services related technical operations.
We are looking for a top tier talent to join our Supply Chain Fulfillment team as a key leader who will be responsible for operations objectives, people development, and budget management. The site leader is responsible for all aspects of operations at this site, building a great working environment, instilling lean operations principles, and maintaining alignment and connections with Formlabs global strategic goals.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe working environment for all team members.
- Hiring & building an effective team across operational and engineering functions.
- Accountable for the overall site KPIs: production metrics, quality, cost, and people’s engagement.
- Initiates, devises, and drives efficiency improvement initiatives to meet and exceed the business plan targets.
- Will set and clarify requirements and expectations for the specific operation area managers. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments
- Works closely with support staff (HR, Finance, HQ Ops Excellence, Maintenance, etc) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in their area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives.
Additional Job Elements:
- This role’s success relies on a strong presence on the working floor. A successful candidate thrives in an operation and production environment.
- A successful candidate is a leader who’s comfortable and capable of deep-diving problems, and working on the front-line with the team-members.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering, Operations, or a related field.
- 5+ years direct management experience, including a salaried workforce, in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
- Prior experience with performance metrics, process improvement and lean techniques.
- Prior experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and termination.
- Advanced degree in Industrial Engineering and/or MBA preferred
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Interest in long-term career development through growing the site and establishing best practices for different sites
- Familiarity with 3D printing industry, additive manufacturing operations, service bureau, or electronic hardware operations.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental/Health/Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Unlimited 3D printing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.