Creative Operations Intern
Department: Global Marketing
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs develops the most powerful and thoughtful software experiences in the industry. 3D printing remains a fairly complex and intimidating process, and our ultimate goal is to bring this exciting technology to a broad variety of users in the most accessible, friendly, and empowering way possible.
As a Creative Operations Intern, you will work alongside our designers and studio teams to improve and create seamless workflows and processes for our digital and physical spaces. Your role will be essential for managing and streamlining our DAM (digital asset management) database as well as our onsite creative studio space.
Internship Term: Fall (September-December)
Location: Onsite in Somerville, MA
Application Requirements: Cover letter optional
- Full ownership of our current digital asset management tool, optimizing best practices and smart organizational tactics.
- Support the team and offer advice on smarter operational solutions.
- Interface with third party vendor support in order to help internal users solve problems as they arise.
- Maintain training documentation and best practice guidelines.
- Track progress of deliverables such as 3D prints, machines, and furniture from collaborating teams and ensure their delivery to the studio.
- Assist with building sets for studio productions when required
- Help keep the studio space clean and organized
- Work independently
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Excel at problem solving
- Obsessed with improving processes
- Are highly organized and interested in helping streamline processes
- Have experience in operations
- Are a master at Excel and Project Management software
- Willing and able to work in a physically demanding role (including able to lift up to 50 lbs and work on feet for several hours)
- An interest in 3D printing and related technologies
- Comfortable being on camera
Internships at Formlabs give students the opportunity to create, build, solve, and discover in every area of our business. Come build your career and build the future of 3D printing. Internship perks include social events, networking opportunities, access to our fully-stocked kitchens and onsite lunches, and unlimited 3D printing!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.