Global Supply Manager
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Global Sourcing Team sources components from all over the world are important to the success of our printers and other products we produce. Our team must carefully balance our needs to lower costs while ensuring high-performance, reliability, and abundant supply. You’ll work with our suppliers face-to-face to expand the capabilities of Formlabs and directly improve our products. If you are inspired by a passion for streamlining and optimization, we want you as a Global Supply Manager.
- Negotiating with suppliers on cost and maintaining commitments
- Work directly with our contract manufacturers in keeping our material pipeline flowing
- Identify and convert cost reduction opportunities based on solid understanding of cost drivers and manufacturing processes
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on supply chain health
- Initiate and complete supplier audits to ensure their ability to meet part performance and on time delivery
- Lead the supplier selection process with inputs from cross functional teams
- Partner with engineering to improve specifications to ensure quality components and design for manufacturing
- 2-5 years post graduate experience working in a strategic sourcing, manufacturing, or supplier quality engineering role
- Skilled at negotiation and holding suppliers accountable
- Able to travel internationally (up to 20%) to visit suppliers for quality audits, QBRs, and relationship building
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving yield improvements
- Excited to source, contact, and evaluate potential suppliers for quality, reliability, and capacity
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and GD&T
- An independent worker and team player who is excited to work cross-functionally with a wide variety of teams
- Expert in MS Excel or other data analysis tools
- 3D CAD design, particularly SolidWorks or Onshape
- Experience working with factories producing high volume consumer products
- Project management experience
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.