Product Operations Specialist
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The components we source from all over the world are important to the success of our products and company. Optimizing material availability, raw material manufacturing timelines, and production demand is a challenging puzzle to increase supply chain flexibility and minimize production downtime. You’ll work with our suppliers, design and manufacturing engineers, and global supply team to make sure raw materials and parts can meet product build schedules. If this sounds interesting to you, we want you as a Product Ops Specialist.
- Work directly with our contract manufacturers and suppliers in keeping our material pipeline flowing
- Use an understanding of product BOM requirements to Identify and convert cost reduction opportunities
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on NPI timelines and material availability
- Maintain clear-to-build reports ahead of NPI builds
- Work cross functionally with engineering to build component release timelines that fit production ramp schedules
- Partner with engineering to improve specifications to ensure quality components and design for manufacturing
- 1-5 years post graduate experience working in a strategic sourcing,manufacturing, or supplier quality engineering role
- Able to travel internationally (up to 20%) to visit suppliers for quality audits, QBRs, and relationship building
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving yield improvements
- Excited to source, contact, and evaluate potential suppliers for quality, reliability, and capacity
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and GD&T
- High attention to detail and skills in data analysis
- An independent worker and team player who is excited to work cross-functionally with a wide variety of teams
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Expert in MS Excel or other data analysis tools
- 3D CAD design, particularly SolidWorks or Onshape
- Experience working with factories producing high volume consumer products
- Project management experience
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.