Hardware Compliance Manager
Location: Somerville, MA
As a leader in 3D printing technology, Formlabs is reinventing the digital manufacturing industry. This mission takes innovation, persistence, and building the best team of people to make it happen. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers and materials to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs printers are sold in over 40 countries and counting. Ensuring our hardware products meet safety and regulatory standards in each geography takes strategic thinking, engineering know-how and exploration of varying regulatory landscapes. The Hardware Compliance Manager works with design engineers, product managers, manufacturing engineers and salespeople to establish and execute compliance certification strategies through new product introduction and continued market expansion. If you are excited to take a leadership role within the product lifecycle and put your regulatory, quality, and project management skills to work then join us as our Hardware Compliance Manager.
- Leverage a core knowledge of industrial product safety regulations to identify relevant standards, translate guidelines into engineering requirements and review product designs for compliance.
- Employ strong organizational and communication skills to define testing requirements, assess risk, manage design documents, oversee test lab activities and communicate project status across engineering, regulatory agencies, sales partners, manufacturing and senior leadership.
- Manage all new products through compliance assessments, product testing, certification processes and design updates for user safety and regulatory compliance
- Maintain compliance of existing products and update certifications as regulations change or Formlabs expands to new international markets
- Prepare regulatory documents and submit to agencies and third party service providers
- Partner with the Regulatory Compliance Manager and adjacent compliance functions to enable Formlabs’ expansion into new markets while enhancing processes and systems to be more predictive, lean and expedient
- Demonstrated experience managing hardware regulatory compliance including design for compliance and agency submissions
- Exposure to consumer or industrial electronics product development for international markets
- Experience with international standards including EMC, IEC, Wireless, etc
- Highly collaborative and results driven. Constantly striving to reduce waste, accelerate delivery and mitigate risk
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to manage concurrent tasks
- Past experience working with NRTLs
- Experience working with international manufacturing partners
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.