Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Materials development presents one of the greatest opportunities to innovate in 3D printing, unlocking new applications in different industries such as engineering, consumer, manufacturing, automotive and healthcare. Our materials science team works closely with product management, hardware and software teams to develop new materials that push the boundaries of what can be done with 3D printing.
If you are a scientist or engineer with experience in polymer development who’s excited to break new ground in an industry that’s moving at lightning speed, we want you as a Materials Scientist.
- Conduct research and develop world-class materials for 3D printing from initial lab explorations to validation and commercialization
- Collaborate with hardware and software engineers to ensure new and existing materials print on our hardware seamlessly and reliably
- Design and perform experiments, and use the results to inform and develop materials performance improvements
- Partner with product management, hardware and software engineers to continuously improve our materials
- A creative and resourceful problem-solver, balancing speed and scientific rigor in a dynamic environment
- Have solid understanding of the fundamentals of materials science and polymer development
- Passionate about testing and troubleshooting, not afraid to test hundreds of times
- Love to harness data; can design and conduct rigorous experiments to optimize materials
- Can work autonomously and take initiative to learn new skills to complete an objective
- Understand the value of good documentation
- Excited to collaborate with a diverse group of scientists and engineers
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in a relevant science or engineering field (all are welcome)
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Experience developing materials for 3D printing, especially for SLA/DLP or SLS printers!
- 3D CAD modeling
- Programming skills (Python, Matlab, SQL, etc)
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.