Electrical Engineer - RD Team
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our growing R&D team is a mix of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers. We are the team that develop and maintain the Formlabs printing process. Our team works closely with other engineering teams to research next generation printers and materials. We use engineering, physics, and experimentation to turn ideas into beautiful and accurate parts.
If you are a systems thinker who enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary environment we would love you to join our R&D team as an Electrical Engineer.
Want to learn more about RD Engineering at Formlabs? Watch this short video from Timur Senguen, Validation Engineer
- Prototyping new technologies, integrating sensors, lasers, optics.
- Designing and documenting experiments to evaluate how electrical systems interact with print performance.
- Develop a deep understanding of the physics of SLA or SLS printing.
- Perform analysis and develop signal processing algorithms for data from sensors on printers.
- Focus on building products that are cutting-edge, but also practical and useful for customers.
- 2+ years experience in industry with analog, digital, and power electronics
- Can present a portfolio of work, preferably having built electromechanical devices as a primary inventor or contributor.
- Able to create, execute, and analyze test plans for electrical systems
- Comfortable with programming languages such as Python or C++.
- Experience with signal processing and filter design
- Experience with board design, including analog and digital components, motors.
- Working knowledge of common communication interfaces (SPI, I2C, USB, etc.)
- Have experience with the full product development cycle
- Working knowledge of programming microcontrollers is a plus
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.