Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Electrical engineering at Formlabs bridges the gap between the analog and digital worlds. If you love to design and build boards from the ground up, develop firmware to control complex electromechanical systems, and produce elegant solutions to real-world problems, we want you as a Senior Electrical Engineer.
- Design and build prototypes and production electronic systems, including circuit design, PCB layout, embedded firmware development, bring up and validation
- Design sensing and motion systems from scratch when off the shelf options have been proven unsuitable
- Apply a scientific approach to engineering design problems by creating experiments, collecting and analyzing data, and making informed decisions
- Grow into owning system-level architecture and mentoring other engineers
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience designing production quality electronics
- Can share a portfolio that demonstrates your skills and experience
- Are able to support your design choices with data
- Are comfortable developing and debugging bare-metal firmware on ARM microcontrollers
- Are hands-on and interested in supporting your designs throughout the product lifecycle, from early research to debugging field failures
- Experience with Python
- Experience with embedded Linux development (kernel, device drivers, etc)
- Experience with line-voltage or high-power electronics
- Experience with signal processing and/or digital feedback control systems
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.