Location: Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our growing North Carolina team is a mix of mechanical, systems, and software engineers who are strong multidisciplinary engineers. This group works closely with other engineering teams to research and produce next generation printers. They use engineering, physics, and experimentation to turn goop into beautiful and accurate parts.
Are you obsessed with figuring out how to make a complex system work better? Then we want you to join our team!
- Design, build, and innovate new 3D printing techniques - from developing new printer architectures to validating minute changes in galvo control
- Tackle complex and open-ended problems across multiple engineering disciplines
- Design and execute experiments and use the results to inform and develop improvements in software or hardware
- Evaluate current printer performance for areas for improvement
- Strong in two areas of engineering disciplines such as meche, software, electrical, optics, material, or systems engineering
- Are willing to question assumptions and back it up with data
- Able to design, build, and run tests on complex mechanical systems
- Understand programming and scientific computing, ideally Python or Matlab
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in an engineering field (all are welcome)
- Previous work on a consumer product
- Developed physics-based models of complex systems
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.