Location: Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Software is at the heart of all aspects of Formlabs products. We aim to bring ground-breaking 3D printers to the desks and shops of designers, artists, and professionals the world over. Our software is integral to ensuring exceptional experiences with our products as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing.
As a Software Engineer, you will collaborate with electrical engineers, systems engineers, and the rest of our software team to write the code that runs our printers. Our printers are used by Google, Tesla, Gillette, and New Balance, just to name a few.
- Develops the printer firmware that drives our hardware and enables new and inventive uses of our products
- Develops PreForm, one of the most powerful and intuitive desktop print applications on the market
- Optimizes 3D geometric and print algorithms
- Creates elegant and user-friendly web applications
- Works across engineering disciplines to realize cutting-edge capabilities
We value diversity at Formlabs, and work to remove unconscious and unnecessary barriers to build the best team possible. While we’ve outlined what an ideal candidate could look like, we know that you may bring something unanticipated and essential to the team. If you’re reading this and can see yourself contributing, please apply!
- Ready to collaborate with a wide range of technical disciplines, including Software, Hardware, and Design teams
- Product Development of our 3D printing software ecosystem in C++, QT and Python
- Write and ship meaningful code that makes our custom hardware work, find the bugs, and ultimately push the limits of 3D printing
- Develop end to end features ranging from the Desktop to the Printers
- Design, implement and test complex algorithms
- 3D print a lot
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.