Head of Strategic Finance
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is growing by the minute. In the midst of this rapid expansion, we’re looking for a Head of Strategic Finance to join our team. You will report to our Head of Finance and partner closely with the CFO and the executive leadership team and have visibility across the entire company and to its investors.
If you’re excited about financial models while managing and growing your own global team, we want you to join our Formlabs team as our Head of Strategic Finance.
- Own the Company’s financial model including developing, implementing and managing all necessary models to support the company operating plan, sales forecasts, strategic initiatives, multi-year business plans, M&A opportunities and sensitivity analyses.
- Manage and build out the FP&A team as the business grows.
- Integrate finance and business. Develop partnerships with business leaders across the organization to engage in financial planning activities that lead decisions and operations.
- Take lead in setting and coordinating annual and multi-year Company board plans.
- Work with department heads to inform, plan, and manage their plans.
- Develop, report, and automate financial reporting and KPI dashboards to provide management with forecast insights, performance metrics and financial analytics for improved organizational decision-making.
- Provide insights to all areas of business using analytics and benchmarking.
- Develop and/or enhance financial and operational systems and tools (ERP, modeling & BI/reporting) to increase efficiency and visibility.
- Work with the CFO, Controller and Business Leads to ensure data integrity and consistency in data across the company (across various sources).
- Partner with accounting, tax and corporate to develop entity level forecasting models and improve timeliness of internal reporting.
- Ad hoc reporting and special projects.
- Have applicable work experience in roles of increasing responsibility which may include banking, private equity, FP&A, business development, or other relevant environments.
- Have experience with financial forecasting, planning, analysis and operational budget management.
- Are highly analytical with great attention to detail.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Are naturally curious and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Are able to build strong relationships with colleagues and present to business leaders.
- Had management experience with team ownership
- Additional experience working in technology, management consulting, investment banking, venture capital, and/or private equity
- Familiarity with Adaptive Planning & NetSuite
- Experience in Software/Tech/Hardware industries
- MBA, CPA or CMA, CFA
- IPO and/or public company experience
*Please note, this position is based out of our Somerville, MA office.
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.