Legal Intern (Winter/Spring 2023)
Location: Somerville, MA
"Law is nothing else but the best reason of wise men applied for ages to the transactions and business of mankind."
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every dentist, designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
If you’re excited about helping a talented small and mighty team navigate the intricacies of the law in order to bring something great into the world, we want you on our team! Join us as a Legal Intern and you can help keep our growing team focused and empowered to change the world!
Internship Term: Winter/Spring (4 or 6 months starting in January)
Commitment: Part-time (full-time co-op applicants will also be considered)
Location: Onsite in Somerville, MA
Application Requirements: Cover letter, current transcript
- Analyze and respond in real-time to business concerns with constructive and effective legal support
- Work with engineers and creators to identify and protect valuable intellectual property assets
- Help build a culture of good practices with solid drafting and a healthy skepticism for “legalese”
- Gain valuable experience understanding the inner workings of a young company, and the role in house counsel can play in shaping company culture
- Have completed at least your 1L year of law school
- Are a strong writer with efficient legal research skills
- Are organized and like to work collaboratively
- Formal education in a hard science
- Love of 3D printing, modeling and/or digital fabrication
Internships at Formlabs give students the opportunity to create, build, solve, and discover in every area of our business. Come build your career and build the future of 3D printing. Internship perks include social events, networking opportunities, access to our fully-stocked kitchens and onsite lunches, and unlimited 3D printing!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.