Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our passion is designing and building powerful 3D printing tools. Our manufacturing team is responsible for research and development of the manufacturing processes for all of Formlabs products. They work cross functionally with mechanical design, electrical, and materials teams.
If you’re excited to help us troubleshoot processes, ramp manufacturing, and launch products, we want you as a Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Own manufacturing technical readiness as a critical member of NPI teams; collaborating directly with R&D teams to drive results from early prototype phases through project completion.
- Own industrialization and production readiness while collaborating globally with Formlabs teams, Contract Manufacturers, and Suppliers.
- Lead DFM and DFA in support of product, system, and process design.
- Ensure critical product specifications are addressed through critical processes and corresponding process control points.
- Drive team support across programs as a player coach on complex engineering and operational challenges.
- Own process control and issue prevention; implementing tools, equipment and process methods to ensure reliability and quality.
- Drive optimization and continuous improvement using factory data to analyze process capabilities at Suppliers and Contract Manufacturers.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering; mechanical, manufacturing mechatronics, systems, or related field.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally & domestically approximately 10-20%.
- 1-3 years experience in a Manufacturing Engineering management role.
- 5+ Years experience in Design and Manufacturing Engineering roles for complex NPI product industrialization.
- Experience with global contract manufacturers in bringing electromechanical systems from prototype to mass production.
- Independent, self-starter with strong ability to think strategically and execute tactically with a persistent attention to details.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills; presenting at all business levels.
Nice to Have:
- Have experience with data visualization and analysis tools (SQL, Tableau, JMP, Minitab, etc)
- Utilization of program/project management communication tools such as JIRA and Asana.
- Have a desire to deeply understand system level interactions of complex electro-mechanical products.
- Understanding of GD&T principles to define and evaluate quality
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.