Algorithms Software Intern (Winter/Spring 2023)
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Software is at the center of our product development, as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing. As an intern on our software team, you’ll get to see code you write released in software that ships to customers. Our software team constantly works to improve the UI experience, and loves to get their hands dirty with 3D geometric algorithms and other puzzling problems.
If you’re passionate about software and want to help build the best desktop 3D printing software on the market, we want you as an Algorithms Software Intern.
Internship Term: Winter/Spring 2023 (4 or 6 months starting in January)
Location: Onsite in Somerville, MA
Application Requirements: Sharing examples of projects you’ve worked on or anything you’ve built is encouraged
- Cross platform application (Win, Mac) development using C++17 and Qt
- End-to-end feature development including design, implementation and testing
- Optimize and develop the rendering and 3D-print–generation pipeline
- Design and implement well-structured code with strong focus on maintainability, testing and CI
- Work in a product-focused agile environment
- Interested in developing user-friendly interactive high-performance applications
- Interested in image processing and geometry algorithms, parallel computing, and related mathematics
- Interest in using modern C++ to produce robust, performant software. Experience with C++17 (or even C++20?) is a plus!
Internships at Formlabs give students the opportunity to create, build, solve, and discover in every area of our business. Come build your career and build the future of 3D printing. Internship perks include social events, networking opportunities, access to our fully-stocked kitchens and onsite lunches, and unlimited 3D printing!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.