Space Planner/Designer/Project Manager
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Space planning and design play critical roles in overall workplace experience and how employees interact with the environment. We need someone to integrate aspects of forecasting, interior design, and project management, in order to lead the space optimization efforts for our 85k sqft HQ campus. You will have the opportunity to build an engaging workspace that enables our teams to create, collaborate, and innovate, leaving your mark on Formlabs culture.
If building an incredible workspace and managing construction projects for a rapid-growth company excites you, we want you as a Space Planner/Designer/Project Manager.
- Optimize space plans for 300+ people in a 85k sqft, 2 building HQ campus in Somerville, MA.
- Maintain an effective space planning strategy to optimize the current real-estate we have today, while getting ahead of future business needs by planning 1-3 years out.
- Coordination with workplace operations to balance physical space with people initiatives.
- Track financial metrics for project management.
- Evaluate cost options & alternatives to deliver space and meet goals of business needs.
- Leverage software/tools for ad hoc reports regarding space audits and current usage rates.
- Make recommendations to integrate into master plan, strategic plan and facilities planning issues.
- Lead design projects for facilities and interior environments to enhance workplace experience.
- Coordinate all space plans, furniture requirements, furniture moves, IT equipment moves, and people moves. Work with vendors, contractors and various departments to coordinate project completion.
- Showcase brand identity and company culture throughout interior space.
- Experience balancing competing needs of business through collaboration with teams & department leaders
- Ability to communicate with department managers to assess their needs
- Acts as a facilitator for controversial issues involving space and system furniture planning between various departments
- Demonstrated ability to drive renovation projects for current and future space optimization
- Can work autonomously and take initiative to learn new skills to complete an objective
- Strong business acumen
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- CAD design experience
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.