Technical Program Manager
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Technical Program Managers at Formlabs are technical program managers who usher new technology from concept through production; partnering with the design team and the product stakeholders to develop world-class products. They are the nexus between the program team, product stakeholders, and senior management, coordinating all program activities from design to product launch to production ramp.
We look for people who are passionate about learning and taking on new challenges, care about the bigger picture impact of their work, and are interested in building strong collaborative relationships with teammates and between teams.
- Responsible for managing the strategy, overall planning, execution and delivery of technically complex products from concept through production.
- Acting as the link between the program team resources and key stakeholders.
- Defining the program charter, roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of success.
- Use disciplined project management methodology to define scope, develop program plans, and execute sub-projects that deliver the program within cost and schedule.
- Monitoring programs on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress/quality, managing issue resolution. Communicating status, issues, and key risks to product stakeholders and senior management.
- Develop robust program risk management plans to ensure timely delivery, testing and commissioning of all projects with no impact to business continuity.
- Issue management and escalation as needed.
- Ensuring program closure, including completion of lessons learned and required documentation.
- 5-7 years of experience in an engineering environment, with some project or program management responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in program management, including delivery of mass produced technically complex products.
- Ability to work cross-functionally between product, engineering, production, and supply chain personnel. Experience communicating status and issues upwards to senior management.
- Highly collaborative and results driven, constantly striving to improve schedule and program efficiency. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self-directed. Not afraid to speak up or pivot to a new direction when needed. Natural problem solver.
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing program management tools for communication, scheduling, risk management, resource planning, cost tracking, and production planning, etc.
- Deep understanding of the product design life cycle & problem solving processes
- B.S. degree or higher in an engineering or science discipline
- A desire to increase the effectiveness of your teammates
- Ability to think outside of the box to achieve better than expected results
- Change agent with an eye towards ongoing process improvement
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.