Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is building the future of desktop fabrication. As an Engineering Technician, you will work across all our engineering functions, and get your hands on every part of the development process from the first idea to the final machine. You will be responsible for prototyping, building, and testing systems that will go into future generations of our 3D printers.
If you are passionate about building hardware through interdisciplinary hands-on work, we want you to join us as an Engineering Technician.
- Keep our growing fleet of experimental 3D printers running at peak performance
- Troubleshoot, and repair all in house 3D printers and support equipment
- Testing / calibration / adjustment of equipment
- Quickly estimate repair needs and time to complete
- Manage spare parts inventory
- Manage various reports
- Technical expertise to troubleshoot and repair electro-mechanical equipment
- Ability to read, understand and interpret mechanical, electrical and electronic schematic drawings and diagrams
- Ability to interpret technical issues from non-technical explanation
- Ability to work independently without any supervision
- Problem solving abilities
- Good logical sense and critical thinker
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.