Robotic Systems Integration Engineer
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our printers sit in the middle of a robotic ecosystem of software, mechanical, optical, and electrical components. Ensuring printer success requires deep technical knowledge of mechatronics as well as an ever-evolving understanding of how the product behaves in the field.
This role involves supporting all parts of the product development cycle from early R+D to continuing engineering for shipped products. In addition, you’ll collaborate closely with design teams to overcome cross-disciplinary problems and ensure that we ship quality products. If you’re eager to collaborate with other talented engineers to support the full range of Formlabs products, we want you as a Robotic Systems Integration Engineer.
- Bring together firmware and hardware to enable subsystems in the printing pipeline, delivering fully-functional 3d printer prototypes.
- Define and implement control algorithms and calibration procedures for complex electro-mechanical and electro-optical subsystems.
- Developing sensor-based subsystems and characterization sensor performance.
- Define and manage subsystem and system level requirements, ensuring engineering efforts are aligned with product needs.
- Debug system level issues and work with the other engineering teams to implement design fixes.
- Have previous experience (3+ years) designing complex electro-mechanical systems or robotic systems.
- Knowledge of motion control, sensors, and control algorithms.
- Experience managing system and subsystem requirements.
- Well versed in hardware debugging and passionate about understanding why things work (or don’t!)
- Are comfortable working fluidly across engineering disciplines - from mechanical design to electrical engineering to embedded software.
- Comfortable working on Linux systems and scripting with Python
- Familiarity with low-level embedded firmware (C++ preferred)
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
- Experience with consumer electronics and 3D printing
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.