Senior C++ Software Engineer
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Software is at the center of our product development - it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing.
The Formlabs Software Team is looking for a Senior C++ Software Engineer to support the web and desktop applications that help anyone make anything. You will work across creative and engineering disciplines and contribute to the development of products and user experiences that will impact millions of people. This is a role with a high degree of autonomy and opportunity to grow into a leadership position within the Formlabs software team.
If you’re excited to ship products that ship products, we’d love to hear from you!
- Develop end-to-end software features that exist across software and hardware products.
- Collaborate across creative disciplines to experiment with and develop new ideas and solve interesting problems.
- Participate in the collection, analysis, and synthesis of product usage data to drive new feature insights.
- Contribute to strategic decisions like choice of software frameworks and key architecture changes
We value diversity at Formlabs, and work to remove unconscious and unnecessary barriers to build the best team possible. While we’ve outlined what an ideal candidate could look like, we know that you may bring something unanticipated and essential to the team. If you’re reading this and can see yourself contributing, please apply!
- Deeply care about the products you help create, and take ownership of the end user experience.
- Ready to collaborate with a wide range of technical disciplines, including Software, Hardware, and Design.
- Have experience creating compelling user interfaces, and balancing quantitative and qualitative user feedback.
- Highly proficient in C++, can build complex software products.
- Comfortable interfacing with complex algorithms.
- An interest in 3D printing, CAD, computational geometry, and/or related technologies.
- Familiarity with Figma, Sketch, or similar UI design software.
- Experience designing and building a software project from scratch (show us what you’ve made!).
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.