Technical Program Manager
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Technical Program Managers at Formlabs are project managers who usher new technology from concept through production; partnering with the design team and the product stakeholders to develop world class products. They are the nexus between the program team, product stakeholders, and senior management, coordinating all program activities from design to product launch to production ramp.
We look for people who are passionate about learning and taking on new challenges, care about shipping impactful products, and are interested in building strong collaborative relationships with teammates and between teams.
- Shipping the right product as fast as possible
- Responsible for managing the strategy, overall planning, execution and delivery of technically complex products from concept through production.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining cost models throughout the product development process.
- Acting as the link between the program team resources and key stakeholders.
- Defining the project charter, roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of success.
- Use disciplined project management methodology to define scope, develop program plans, and execute sub-projects that deliver the program within cost and schedule.
- Monitoring projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress/quality, managing issue resolution. Communicating status, issues, and key risks to product stakeholders and senior management.
- Develop robust project risk management plans to ensure timely delivery, testing and commissioning of all projects with no impact to business continuity.
- Issue management, conflict resolution, and escalation as needed.
- Add value as a program manager, as opposed to just coordinating tasks and communicating status.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, including delivery of mass produced & technically complex products.
- Have a desire to increase the effectiveness of your teammates
- Are business minded and can break down program decisions in terms of dollars.
- Ability to work cross-functionally between product, engineering, production, and supply chain personnel. Experience communicating status and issues upwards to senior management.
- Highly collaborative and results driven, constantly striving to improve schedule and project efficiency. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self-directed. Not afraid to speak up or pivot to a new direction when needed. Natural problem solver.
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing program management tools for communication, scheduling, risk management, resource planning, cost tracking, and production planning, etc. Able to think critically about which tools and templates are right for specific circumstances or teams.
- Deep understanding of the product design life cycle & problem solving processes
- B.S. degree or higher in an engineering or science discipline
- Has shipped high technically complex products as a design engineer
- Experience in start-up environments or highly entrepreneurial companies
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.