Senior UI/UX Designer
Department: Global Marketing
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktops of every designer, engineer, researcher, manufacturer, and healthcare professional in the world. Our printers are used by Google, Tesla, Gillette, and New Balance – just to name a few.
Founded at MIT in 2011, and reaching double-unicorn status in 2021, Formlabs is the leading maker of professional 3D printers in the world. At our dynamically-growing office of 70+ dedicated people in Budapest, we're building a company so diverse that we can tackle any challenge.
The Formlabs Creative Marketing Team is looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to guide the design and evolution of highly-considered, scalable user experiences across our core, dental, and event websites.
As a member of the team, you will work across creative and engineering disciplines, develop low- and high-fidelity prototypes, and contribute to the success of e-commerce and marketing initiatives that will have a significant impact on business goals.
If you’re excited to have a major impact on the success of Formlabs’ consumer experience, we’d love to hear from you.
A portfolio of graphic and interactive web design work is required for this role.
- Design user interfaces and experiences that encourage an intuitive user journey from education to conversion
- Help design, develop, grow, and maintain a robust and scalable design system
- Dive into the needs of a diverse range of users, and turn their requirements into low-friction conversions
- Work from low-fidelity wireframes to pixel-perfect, interactive prototypes
- Effectively collaborate with web developers to implement new features and updates
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize usage data to inform decisions relating to information architecture, content, and prioritization
- Create compelling user experiences and beautiful designs
- Have a clear understanding of the core features of e-commerce experiences and how marketing funnels play a part in their success
- Can effectively communicate your design intentions to collaborators, receive feedback, and re-evaluate solutions as a result
- Can show a strong and diverse portfolio of graphic and interactive work
- Have experience designing and building user interfaces for web and mobile
- Have worked with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Can take and give constructive criticism, and work in an environment where the best ideas win
- Have a background in e-commerce, design, and/or computer science (although we care much more about your experience and enthusiasm than the particularities of your background)
- An interest in 3D printing, CAD, computational geometry, and/or related technologies
- Experience with creative coding frameworks and/or game engines (e.g., p5.js, Open Frameworks, Processing, and/or Unity)
- Experience with Qt, QML, and/or OpenGL
- Weekly Wolt credits (9500 HUF/week) for lunch delivery
- Private health insurance with Medicover
- Shares in the company
- Opportunity to travel to our Boston HQ
- Free beverages and snacks at the office
- Unlimited 3D prints
- A monthly or quarterly public transportation pass
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- Development opportunities both in-house and off-site
- Fun team events
We build amazing things. Come join us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.