Embedded Software Engineer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world. Our printers are used by Google, Tesla, Hasbro, Gillette, and New Balance, just to name a few.
Founded in Boston in 2011, and reaching unicorn status in 2018, Formlabs is now valued at 2Bn dollars and is one of the leading 3D printer manufacturers in the world. We opened our Budapest office just over two years ago to establish key Engineering and Business teams in the region. With a dynamically-growing team of 50+ dedicated people, we're building a company so diverse that we can tackle any challenge.
Software is at the heart of all aspects of Formlabs products. We aim to bring ground-breaking 3D printers to the desks and shops of designers, artists, and professionals the world over. Our software is integral to ensuring exceptional experiences with our products as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing. The Software Team develops the printer firmware that drives our hardware, and PreForm, the most powerful and intuitive desktop print application with advanced 3D geometric and print algorithms.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer for our Embedded team with a user focused mindset and strong technical background. Our embedded team is the essential component that ties software, hardware and electronics together that pushes the limits of 3D printing. They are responsible for designing and implementing our firmware - C/C++ on Linux - of our custom hardware.
- Design and implement embedded software applications and firmware in both C++ and Python
- End-to-end feature development including design, implementation and testing
- Ship value-generating features to our users by releasing stable firmware to tens of thousands of machines
- Design and implement well-structured code with strong focus on maintainability, testing and CI
- Collaborate with different stakeholders (product managers, designers) to ensure we build the right features
- Work in a product focused agile environment
- Have knowledge of modern C++
- Are comfortable with complex algorithms (linear algebra and geometry)
- Can architect and implement complex software products
- Are willing to take initiatives and learn from failures
- Are excited to dive into a huge variety of challenges
- Comfortable developing in Unix environments
- Can lead projects and have experience working with remote stakeholders
- Experience creating automated software build systems
- Experience with client side software development
- Weekly Wolt credits (9500 HUF/week) for lunch delivery
- Private health insurance with Medicover
- Shares in the company
- Free beverages and snacks at the office
- A monthly or quarterly public transportation pass
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- The ability to print in 3D to your heart's content
- Development opportunities both in-house and off-site
- Fun team events
- Opportunity to travel to our Boston HQ
We build amazing things. Come join us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.