User Research Operations Intern (Summer 2023)
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The product team at Formlabs helps guide hardware, materials, and software products to completion. From defining the requirements for new products, determining features and user experience, and following products through development all the way to shipping, the Product team is looking for someone with instincts for product development, who is ready to help us develop great hardware, materials, and digital experiences.
If you want to evaluate user needs for our products through market research, use your findings to provide insights on essential decisions, and connect our designers and engineers to the voice of the customer, we want you as our User Research Operations Intern.
Internship Term: Summer 2023 (preference for candidates available starting in May)
Location: Onsite in Somerville, MA
Application Requirements: Portfolio recommended
- Manage the participant panel and recruitment as needed for user research studies. Communicate with participants to monitor and help increase their engagement over time.
- Support of ongoing quantitative and qualitative research activities, including user interviews, moderated and unmoderated usability testing and surveys.
- Support in the analysis phase of research (surveys, interviews, usability test) and the writing of research summaries.
- Working collaboratively with other members of the product team to facilitate the research work by documenting processes and suggesting operational improvements and innovations.
- Contribute to reporting metrics and tracking impacts of user research.
- Amazing verbal and written communication skills for conversing with customers and collaborating cross-functionally.
- Have an analytical or research background with a knowledge of user experience research or market research.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills evidenced by the ability to self-manage and appropriately scope and lead collaborative internal projects.
- Previous experience working with databases, research repositories or UX software (such as Dovetail, Salesforce, Reddash).
- Interviewing experience
- Passionate about technology and 3D printing
Internships at Formlabs give students the opportunity to create, build, solve, and discover in every area of our business. Come build your career and build the future of 3D printing. Internship perks include social events, networking opportunities, access to our fully-stocked kitchens and onsite lunches, and unlimited 3D printing!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.