UI Software Development Intern (Summer 2023)
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world. Our printers are used by Google, Tesla, Gillette, and New Balance, just to name a few.
Software is at the heart of all aspects of Formlabs products. Our software is integral to ensuring exceptional experiences with our products as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing.
As a UI Software Development Intern, you will collaborate with user interface designers and the rest of our software team to build the interfaces and tools that power our 3D printing workflow.
Internship Term: Summer 2023
Location: Onsite in Somerville, MA
Application Requirements: Portfolio recommended.
- Build new software features which help people turn their digital models into 3D printed parts.
- Improve the tools used for UI development at Formlabs to create compelling user interfaces more quickly and easily.
- Help build Formlabs’ UI design system / component library.
- Fix bugs and issues with Formlabs’ current user interface code.
- Have a healthy obsession with how people interact with technology.
- Have curiosity and/or experience working with software and hardware.
- Have experience working in C++.
- Are comfortable using integrated development environments (IDEs) and debugging tools.
- Always pay attention to getting small UI details just right.
- Notice un-intuitive user interfaces in your daily life.
- Experience working on user interfaces for shipping software applications.
- Experience with design tools like Figma, Sketch, or Adobe Xd.
- Mobile or web development experience.
- Experience with 3D printing.
Internships at Formlabs give students the opportunity to create, build, solve, and discover in every area of our business. Come build your career and build the future of 3D printing. Internship perks include social events, networking opportunities, access to our fully-stocked kitchens and onsite lunches, and unlimited 3D printing!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.