Director of North American Field Sales
Department: Global Sales
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our customers love our printers in their professional work, whether as freelancers or as part of large engineering teams at Fortune 500 companies. Their use cases are similar, but the dynamics of larger organizations vary widely. We are looking for business developers who can relate to our end users on an individual level while navigating larger organizations.
We're looking for someone who is ready to jump into our growing organization to coach and lead a team of junior and senior level sales reps, while also doing what it takes to bring the team closer to the target. If you are excited to help our sales team evolve and succeed, we want you as our Director of North American Field Sales.
**Please note, this position is based out of either our Milwaukee, WI or Somerville, MA office**
- Teach, mentor, and lead a team of 8-12 sales reps as you build a team in a new product category
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with partners across several departments to align on priorities
- Make team-wide decisions and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Think creatively to develop new and unique sales tactics
- Have a track record of being an excellent coach or mentor
- Show strong pipeline management and forecasting ability
- Are an effective communicator and motivator both externally and internally
- Have experience selling in the field and with high value, complex deals
- Are comfortable selling to strategic customers and into key accounts
- Hold your team members accountable to KPIs that drive the business
- Support the business in cross-functional projects to drive organizational advancement
- Have an analytical mindset and leverage data across all interactions
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Experience selling with modern sales enablement tools (Outreach, Drift, HubSpot, LinkedIn)
- Strong business sense and 3D printing industry expertise
- Past work experience in design and manufacturing industries
- Strong reporting and analytic skills using salesforce.com and excel
- Have a proven track record managing a world-class sales team exceeding revenue goals
- You are contagiously & consistently positive
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.