Workplace Experience Intern (Summer 2023)
Department: People Operations
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
At Formlabs, our Workplace Experience team needs the office operating smoothly at all times and aims to surprise and delight staff with engaging community events. Everything about our environment matters: from first impressions through the door, how supplies are organized, and even what kind of coffee is on brew. We’re looking for an organizational rock-star that can grow with our office, our team, and our operational needs and help us continue making Formlabs a great place to work.
If you are highly motivated, organized, and love supporting a diverse company in accomplishing great things, we want you on our team as our Workplace Experience Intern.
Internship Term: Summer 2023
Location: Onsite in Somerville, MA
Support the day-to-day operations of a growing, fast-paced office (75%):
- Create an exceptional reception experience by greeting visitors and guests, accepting deliveries, and ensuring the reception area looks fantastic and feels welcoming
- Manage and restock office supplies, swag, and amenities; and ensure all common areas (kitchens, storage, flex) are stocked and organized
- Support conference room management & booking as needed
- Field questions from Formlings in person and online, including responding to employee ticket/service requests
- Jump in and do whatever needs to be done, even when that changes daily!
Foster an excellent employee experience by contributing to events and employee recognition activities (25%):
- Prepare onboarding welcome totes and distribute Formling anniversary gifts to help us welcome and celebrate our team members.
- Support our workplace experience team to plan and host Formlabs company-wide events, celebrations, hackathons, and other internal community events, making sure they are engaging, well-organized and fun
- Contribute creative ideas for surprises, gifts, swag, and organizing procurement
- Support in designing posters, digital graphics, and various design projects
- Are energetic and friendly by nature and thrive on taking care of people
- Flexible to adapt to ever-changing priorities and a great multi-tasker
- Not afraid to offer hands-on support across our Somerville campus
- Love to learn and take initiative to solve new challenges with a sense of urgency
- Thrive on constructive feedback and value collaboration
- Willing and able to lift heavy boxes, bend, and reach
- Experience with GSuite (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc)
- Have planned and organized great events
- Previous retail and/or restaurant experience
Internships at Formlabs give students the opportunity to create, build, solve, and discover in every area of our business. Come build your career and build the future of 3D printing. Internship perks include social events, networking opportunities, access to our fully-stocked kitchens and onsite lunches, and unlimited 3D printing!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.