Mechanical Engineer Manager - Test Team
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Are you obsessed with reliability? Do you look at complex mechanisms, and dream of ways that they could fail? Do you get satisfaction from shipping a perfectly robust and reliable product? Do you want to manage a team of multi-disciplinary of test engineers? If so, we want to talk to you about our Test Engineering Manager role.
As the Mechanical Engineering Manager - Test Team, you will lead a team of test engineers who will validate a variety of complex mechanisms during the development of Formlabs products. This Test Engineering Team not only validates the performance of Formlabs products, but ensures that the performance is robust and reliable throughout the life of the product.
- Lead a multidisciplinary test engineering team to validate performance and reliability of complex electro-mechanical systems during product development
- Cross-functional prioritization of test resources across multiple programs
- Analyze test results as a final authority on the thoroughness and completeness of testing
- Evaluate tradeoffs between testing and analysis
- Develop standards for test methodology and documentation
- Hands-on test engineering and team mentorship
- Are a multidisciplinary engineer, with experience leading large, complex test efforts for shipping products
- Are a natural leader who can guide the test engineering team members and create value from the test engineering function.
- Are able to quickly grasp the design intent and operational requirements of complex systems or subsystems, and develop a plan to test performance and reliability
- Can see past the written requirements, and understand the more nuanced possible failure modes
- Have experience creating test plans, designing test fixtures, and carrying out product validation to completion.
- Are familiar with modern test methodology and analysis tools
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.