Experienced Senior Accountant
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is growing by the minute. Amid this rapid expansion, we’re looking for more operational muscle on our Finance & Accounting team. At Formlabs, joining this dynamic, intensely focused team means applying attention to detail and good judgement skills to financial operations, while delivering the accurate and timely information required to manage our scaling business. If this excites and energizes you, then we want you as our Experienced Senior Accountant.
- Coach and mentor the GL accounting team consisting 3-5 team members.
- Lead, delegate and review key accounting areas associated with the monthly closing processes.
- Drive the monthly business review meetings and Trial balance reviews.
- Collaborate with the technical accounting and financial reporting on key accounting matters, quarterly financial statement preparation and internal controls.
- Collaborate with the Financial system team, FP&A, and other various business teams to drive system improvements and efficiencies to achieve more accurate reporting.
- Work with the international entities to review the monthly reporting packages.
- Work with the external accounting firm regarding the audit
- Work with various business teams on ad-hoc initiatives
- Bachelors or higher degree in accounting or finance
- Strong understanding of accounting and US GAAP
- CPA preferred
- 7-11 years of experience. Mix Public accounting and industry experience preferred
- Detail oriented, organized and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office applications
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, external vendors to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- Proven experience managing and coaching teams.
- Direct experience with ERP systems (NetSuite strongly preferred)
- Experience working in fast-paced environments
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.