Materials Product Manager
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every healthcare provider, designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
We're looking for a Materials Product Manager to manage our ever growing engineering materials portfolios. If you want to establish requirements for new products, determine features and user experience, and follow the product from development to launch, we want you as a Materials Product Manager.
This is a hybrid role based in Somerville, MA.
- Identify immediate and upcoming customer needs, then work cross functionally with technical teams to develop market and product requirements to address these needs
- Prioritize features and tasks for the product by writing clear, crisp, detailed product specifications
- Own portfolio market performance by using internal tools to monitor feedback, support, and analytics to recommend improvements and plan changes
- Monitor competitor landscape and market demands to consistently evaluate portfolio relevance and affect change
- Pay attention to detail in a fast-paced environment and provide leadership by managing collaboration and communication with teams up to the executive level, both internal and external, to ensure teams have what they need to work effectively
- Help guide go-to-market strategy for new products and develop maintenance plans through product launch and beyond
- Serve as the technical and educational resource for customer-facing teams to generate marketing and training content
- Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics, or Engineering background
- 2+ years of experience working with and launching physical products
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience working with all levels of stakeholders
- Customer focused and solution-oriented with an affinity for data analytics
- Clear communicator, both written and oral with diverse audiences
- Process oriented mindset
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Experience with 3D printing technologies and materials
- Familiarity with engineering and manufacturing processes in regulated industries like automotive or aerospace
- Familiarity with Tableau or SQL
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.